Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Reflections and Resolutions

     2012 seems so long ago especially since everything significant (for me) happened in the beginning of the year.  It's quite difficult to recall everything I discovered about myself but I have managed to name a few.  I always thought I was shy and don't talk to new people unless they talk to me but I proved myself wrong last March 15.  Last February, I placed 3rd in the region for Business Calculations in FBLA.  I went to the State Competition.  I was nervous because there was so many people there.  But I talked to almost everyone!  I surprised myself with this.
     Another thing I noticed is that I am independent but also open-minded.  I realized this when I opened myself to suggestions my friends had to offer about any problems I had.  I am also independent because I don't usually rely on anyone.  I realized how emotionally strong I was when my best friend was hospitalized from a car accident.  I always considered myself as a sensitive person.  Although I spent hours in the room with him, I composed myself and always got through the school day.  His dad was driving him from school to the doctors (because he was sick) and a big truck collided with the car.
     His dad was in the hospital for about 2 weeks with neck and back injuries.  My best friend, on the other hand, was not so lucky.  He had whiplash, a sprained neck, a fractured leg and back.  He spent about 5 weeks in the hospital.  From this experience, I learned that life doesn't always turn out as you think it would.  He was out of the hospital in April and he was in a wheelchair then too.  It was hard for him but he got through.  All of his injuries healed except he is still afraid to be around trucks.  I learned a lot about myself as I helped him through his daily routines.  
       I believe in New Year's Resolutions because I usually set up reachable goals for myself. I set up goals for myself as the year goes on but a new year is a new start.  I have an interesting tradition.  I write all of my problems I want to fix throughout the year and transfer them to a paper exactly 10 minutes before New Year.  Then I hang them in my room, near my dresser.  This year, these are my resolutions:
  • Spend more time with my family on the weekends without going on my macbook or watching TV.
  • Try not to be lazy take a walk with a friend.
  • Help out more in the house.
  • Be a better friend to all my friends especially the new ones I made this year.
  • Be better person by walking for a charity.
  • Learn something new everyday.
  • Get healthy by eating more vegetables and less "junk food".
  • Be more optimistic and see the positives in a situation rather than the negatives.
  • Relax more.
  • Make room to read books.
  • Try not to hurt myself at least once a day.






No comments:

Post a Comment