Sunday, October 28, 2012

20% Project: Surgery

          My first 20% project of the year will be everything about surgery.  My Animoto video included some of the things I want to research but not all of it.  I would like to include: types of surgery, education to become  surgeon, surgical techniques, top schools for medicine/surgery and work pressure.  I want to learn about everything a surgeon does because it is one of my possible careers.  I have a surgeon, a lawyer and an economics expert in mind.  I am heavily leaning towards something in medicine which holds a variety of jobs.  When I first told my parents that I wanted to become a surgeon/doctor, my mom told me that she doesn't want me to do that because then I'll have to stay in college for about 5-8 years.  She'd rather have me do business or computer engineering.  My dad, on the other hand, told me I can be whatever I want as long as I am committed.  
          I want to research about surgery because I want to know it is something I want to do for sure in the future.  I anticipate on using the internet and some books I found in the library.  I feel that I will have trouble understanding most of the material I will be researching because it is more advanced and hard to understand.  I volunteer at RWJ in Hamilton so I would like to talk to some of the surgeons from: Neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, cardiovascular surgery, general surgery, vascular and plastic surgery.
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment